At Adoptees Connect we strive to make a difference in the lives of Adult Adoptees and those impacted by Adoption. We provide a service to Adult Adoptees in our communities that’s otherwise unavailable.
Being adopted is often one of the most challenging experiences in a person’s life. It’s said to be a lonely journey, and it often can be. It can feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders when you have no one in your life to share your experiences with. It can feel isolating and, often many adoptees give up because they just don’t have the motivation to keep going. It can be discouraging in many ways.
We aren’t designed to walk our journeys alone.
We all need support every now and then. Connecting with other Adult Adoptees who understand is a life changing experience. Even if they are at different stages of their adoption journey, they’ll understand what it is you’re going through and be able to give you the support you need to keep going.
Adoptees Connect Support Groups help many people cope with the emotional aspects of being adopted by providing a safe place to share their feelings and challenges. They also allow people to learn from others facing similar situations.
Benefits of participating in an Adoptees Connect Support Group may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about adoptee feelings
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Being around others that speak the same language as you
- Comparing notes about resources, what has helped and not helped in healing
- Identify triggers and how to process them
- Building lifelong relationships
- Bringing quality of life
- Exciting activities together
- Empower one another by sharing experiences, strengths and hopes
- Resource Referrals
In Adoptees Connect Support Groups, you’ll find Adult Adoptees with problems like yours. Members of a support group usually share their personal experiences and offer one another emotional comfort and moral support. They may also offer practical advice and tips to help you cope with your situation.
This is the basis of what Adoptees Connect was founded on.